Bali spa seminyak is just south of the equator and has a yr round tropical local weather with solely 2 seasons – moist (Oct – March, high humidity) and dry (April – Sept). I’ve visited in both seasons, and located both are unpredictable, nonetheless, the temperature is often fixed at around 28 – 30. Even if it does bucket down with rain, you are never cold! The mountain areas are all the time just a little cooler, notably at night time, so if you are staying in that region it is a good suggestion to pack a warm jumper.
What to pack…
– As little as attainable!
– Smart-casual and luxuryable is the norm, but bear in mind to pack comfortable walking/hiking shoes.
– Sunscreen, insect repellant, hats and a folding umbrella for those sudden showers.
– A long skirt for the ladies and pair of lengthy trousers is a should, notably if visiting temples the place this etiquette is a requirement. (As a substitute sarongs could also be hired or purchased at level of entry very cheaply).
– Should you wear glasses, it is a good idea to pack your spares in your suitcase.
– A face washer or hand towel for long journeys – if you happen to endure humidity stress, an excellent refresher is to freeze a bottle of water and take the frozen bottle & face washer in a plastic bag on your journey for quick ‘cool downs’.
– Anything you might have forgotten will be bought very cheaply in Bali!
– Travel insurance coverage is a must – in case you do not already have it – seek the advice of your journey agent or journey insurance could be purchased on line.
– Make 2 photocopies of your passport, credit cards, travel insurance coverage and I.D. info – leave one copy at house (with a relative or friend) and take the opposite copy with you (in your suitcase) keeping it separate from the unique documents.
– Take some spare money (for medical emergencies or otherwise).
– Most hotels & accommodation have safes – both at reception or in-room – use them in your personal security & peace of mind.
– Utilizing your credit card to make purchases in Bali is a protected and extensively accepted practice, nevertheless, at all times take care as you’d wherever e.g. do not let your card out of your sight on the level of transaction.
– Bali has its share of petty crime the same as any country – take care along with your handbag or valuables in any respect times. (Drive previous ‘snatches’ are becoming more prevalent).
– Solely change money at your hotel, resort or reputable wanting locations where you trust the changer (and the calculator used) – usual observe is to depend your money back before you and a receipt is given.
– A very good tip is to take a ‘cheat sheet’ foreign money converter with you – it’s going to solely be a rough information (as foreign money alternate rates change each day in Bali) however it will probably save the frustration of haggling over something which might solely be just a few dollars difference. You may make up your own ‘information’ from any of several on-line exchange foreign money netsites.